Docker Technical Support has asked me to create and upload a "Support Dump." What is that, and how do I create one?
Before performing these steps, you must meet the following requirements:
- Docker Enterprise Edition - Standard or Advanced
- Also known as EE Standard or EE Advanced
A Docker Support Dump helps speed the troubleshooting process by gathering information about your Docker configuration and host environment. For Docker EE - Standard or Advanced, this can be done by using a UCP support dump, which creates an archive containing UCP system logs and diagnostic information.
To obtain a support dump:
- Log into the UCP UI with an administrator account.
- On the top-right menu, click your username, and choose Support Dump. An archive will be downloaded via your browser after a brief time interval.
If the user interface is not accessible, you may perform the following steps instead to obtain a single-node version of the UCP support dump:
- Obtain direct CLI access to the Docker daemon on a UCP manager node.
- Run the CLI support tool with the following command. Be sure to replace
HOSTNAMEwith the canonical hostname of the system where you are running the command, and replace the version number after
docker/ucpwith the version of UCP you are running.
docker run --rm \ --name ucp \ -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \ docker/ucp:2.1.4 \ support > docker-support-HOSTNAME.tgz