How do I delete a Docker Hub or Docker Cloud account?
Your Docker Hub/Cloud account may also be linked to other Docker products and services, so deleting your account will also disable access to those products and services.
Before submitting a request to delete your account, please complete the following:
- Delete all public and private repositories for this account.
- If you have a subscription plan, cancel any active subscriptions on Docker Hub and Docker Cloud and confirm that your account has been downgraded to the **free **plan.
- If you belong to an organization, remove your account from all organizations. If you are the sole owner of any organization, either add someone to the "owners" team and then remove yourself from the organization or submit a request to delete the organization as well.
- If you have a license key you wish to keep, download the key from your Docker Hub account. The download link will no longer be available after the account deletion.
- Unlink your GitHub and Bitbucket source providers on Docker Hub here and Docker Cloud here.
- Unlink all public cloud providers on Docker Cloud.
- Delete all nodes, services, and stacks on Docker Cloud.
Once you've completed the steps above, please open a Customer Service Request using the email address associated with the account and provide the Docker ID of the account you wish to delete.
Docker IDs are deactivated not deleted. If you wish to reactivate your account, please open Customer Service Request.