Unable to push images to my Docker Hub repositories using Docker for Mac. Login looks successful, but pushing images fails.
"Upload failed: denied: requested access to the resource is denied" "Attempting next endpoint for push after error: denied: requested access to the resource is denied" "Failed to check for presence of layer sha256:xxxx (sha256:xxxx) in docker.io/<user>/<repo>” error="errors:\ndenied: requested access to the resource is denied\nerror parsing HTTP 401 response body: unexpected end of JSON input: \"\"\n" "failed to mount layer sha256:xxxx (sha256:xxxx) from docker.io/<user>/<repo>: errors:\ndenied: requested access to the resource is denied\nunauthorized: authentication required\n"
- Push updated images to currently used repositories
- Push image to newly created repositories (able to create new repositories but can't push to them)
- Try to push manually (through docker push mylittleadventure/:
- Try to log out/in (and with a few different syntaxes)
- Able to log in successfully
- Able to build successfully through automated builds
- Billing plan seems to be active and correctly configured (with valid credit card, not expired)
- Unable to push from any host whether it be server or personal machine and no matter the network
There is a known issue that occurs with
docker login via command line when using Docker for Mac. A
docker login command shows a successful login, however Docker for Mac doesn't appear to honor the login.
Please see the following GitHub issue for more context:
Does your password happen to include any special characters, specifically the ":" character? When the ":" character is included in a password, this issue will occur.